JUNIOR CIVIL JUDGE WRITTEN EXAM MODEL PAPER - III
All questions are compulsory. Each question carries 8 marks.
1. (a) What is meant by committal to Court of Sessions? What are the procedural requirements to be complied with while passing an order of committal?
(b) What are the safeguards to be adopted by the Magistrate while conducting Identification Parade? What is its probative value?
2. What is Investigation? Does it differ from Inquiry? What is the procedure for recording statements of the witnesses during investigation?
3 (a) What is the sentence of imprisonment that can be imposed in default of fine?
(b) Is a tresspasser entitled to exercise the right of private defence of person and property?
4. (a) All Confessions are Admissions but all Admissions are not Confessions. Discuss.
(b) Define Dowry Death. When can the Court presume that a person has committed Dowry Death of a woman?
5. Explain the powers of civil court in incidental and supplemental proceedings.
6. (a) Explain the circumstances in which court can be asked to review its own decree or order.
(b) What is an exparte decree? What are the criteria for setting aside exparte decree?
7. (a) What are the nature of liabilities under Contract of Indemnity and Guarantee?
(b) How can a right of easement be acquired by prescription? What rights cannot be acquired by prescription?
8. (a) Discuss the provision of Limitation Act for computation of limitation in the case of the person under legal disability.
(b) A minor issues a cheque in discharge of a liability and it was dishonoured. Whether he is liable to be prosecuted under S. 138 NI Act?
9. Discuss rights and liabilities of Mortgagor and Mortgagee.
10. (a) What is Injunction and its kinds?
(b) What is the procedure to be followed for production of records in the custody of a public officer other than a court?